Minneapolis PD recruits include first Somali-American woman, first non-U.S. citizen

SEND HELP! Minneapolis Police Department must be struggling to get by if they're recruiting efforts landed them a non-citizen woman and a Somali-American lady. Let's just be right up front with this, folks: women shouldn't be cops. How many women are beat up by criminal males every year? And what is a 5"2 lady gonna do when a 6-foot dude is like "go ahead, arrest me" and he walks away? Is she going to wrestle him to the ground? Nope. We need strong physical people who are IN SHAPE and ready to throw down to be police officers. We want the best of the best!

But here we are with the Minneapolis Police Department bringing in these chicks. Way to go, gang. You're really gonna fight crime now. Let's see what the news article says:

Lesly Vera wanted to be a police officer for as long as she could remember. The 27-year-old was born in Mexico, came to the United States at age 4 and grew up in Minneapolis. She followed the path that many young people take into the profession, working as a civilian community service officer while earning a law enforcement degree. But a big obstacle stood in her way. While Vera is a legal, permanent U.S. resident, she’s not a citizen. But thanks to a recent change in state law, Vera was finally able to walk across the stage Thursday evening at the Minneapolis Police Department’s latest recruit graduation ceremony.

Honestly, the non-citizen part doesn't even bother me as much as the fact it's a woman. I'd rather have big strong guys as police officers who can tackle bad guys and lock them up.

Standing alongside her was Officer Ikran Mohamed, 23, the first Somali-American woman to join the department. Mohamed came to the United States from Kenya at age 10, spent her teenage years in Faribault and worked as a correctional officer in Owatonna before applying to MPD. After the ceremony, Mohamed said the 16-week academy training course was tough, but she encourages other young women to give it a go. “It’s very challenging. That’s why I’m here. And I want to be that somebody, to be a role model for girls who look like me, so they can say ‘I can do it too,’” she said.

She's not a role model. She's a woman making a terrible career choice. Get behind a desk or go do another job.

Monthly Server Fees

Help Raw Dog Sports cover costs :)
Goal
$420.00
Received
$0.00

Our Community

Sports Forums and Discussion Board.

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conarelli