Media pounces on Curt Schilling’s ‘pull the trigger’ comment

Former Phillies pitcher Curt Schilling was speaking with Jesse Watters about political topics when one of his statements suggested that someone is going to have to ‘pull the trigger’ and the media is taking that quote, using it as a headline, and spinning his statement somewhat out of control.

Schilling was talking about politicians who don’t do any work, they just talk, talk, talk and never really get anything done. Schilling, in my view, was talking about a politician finally stepping up and getting something done – actually working – not shooting someone, because that wouldn’t actually accomplish anything either.

Curt Schilling also said the media would run with his quote anyway they see fit, and it seems like several media outlets are doing just that. You can Google ‘Curt Schilling pull the trigger’ and see how people are spinning his words. The reference is likely tied to Lexington and Concord, the shot heard around the world from 1775, but Curt means he wants someone to step up and DO something. I’m 99% sure he doesn’t mean actually shoot someone. But, you know how social media and mainstream media are, they’ll turn your words into actual bullets if they want to.

WATCH the Curt Schilling Pull The Trigger video or read the conversation between Curt Schilling and Jesse Watters:

The problem is Jesse, you know, if you look at, you know, I love coming on this show. I love talking to you. I love what you’ve done, what you’re doing with your voice, but the fact of the matter is, you know, I’m tired of listening to Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz and Dan Crenshaw and these people talk. Talk. Talk — that’s all they’re doing. They’re talking…

We’re up against a side and a force that doesn’t play by the rules, refuses to play by the rules, just look no further than the unconstitutional thing going with former President Trump and we’re not doing anything about it. We’re talking about it, and we get excited and we get emotional. That’s it…

They break the law and they do the things they need to do to ensure their agenda is driven forward and we’re watching them gut our nation from the inside out. And I don’t know where the rubber is going to meet the road because it’s a true sacrifice. mean, you look at the guys, the young men that signed the Constitution and all the things that they sacrificed everything to come out from under a tyrannical government, and then eventually at some point, there was a man at Concord who decided he was going to pull the trigger.

And I feel like we’re getting back to a point where somebody is going to have to pull a trigger because everything we hold dear, everything this country was founded on is being just dragged through the mud and mocked and made fun of. This country was founded on Godly principles. No matter how offensive that is to the left, it’s true.

Watters chimed in, saying: “Well, I’m going to assume you mean ‘pull the trigger’ metaphorically?” Curt Schilling continued:

Absolutely, well, no… I mean, it doesn’t matter if I say metaphorically because they’re going to run with that quote no matter how I put it. I could have phrased it in any possible way saying, ‘Stand up and fight and blah blah blah,’ and I would be inciting a riot while Maxine Waters says, ‘Get in their face and beat the hell out of them’ publicly.

Then Watters said more:

No, I understand… I’ve said this to Jim Jordan. I’ve said this to these congressmen. They throw a subpoena around. They fire off a really bold letter, ‘Gotcha.’ Republicans need to go on the warpath. And that means that you got to use every tool necessary. They got to do what’s being done to them because that’s the only way this is gonna stop.

Schilling followed that up by saying:

The problem is that the left’s winning because they’re relying — the left is relying on our morals and ethics. They know we’ll play by the rules. They know we’ll follow the laws. And they’re not playing. It’s like we’re fighting our own war.

Read more sports news and commentary at Raw Dog Sports Blog

Monthly Server Fees

Help Raw Dog Sports cover costs :)
Goal
$420.00
Received
$0.00

Our Community

Sports Forums and Discussion Board.

Threads
Members
Latest member