Brittney Griner is back in the news

Do you remember when America made the worst trade ever and sent a criminal war lord in exchange for a flubbing WNBA player named Brittney Griner? Yeah, I do. That was another big mistake by President Joe Biden and his diversity squad in the White House. But anyway, Brittney is back in the news doing an interview with ABC News and she finally revealed what it was like in the gulag after she got busted with drugs in Russia.

Don’t forget about where this all started. Griner was charged with drug smuggling and possession charges, then got smacked with a nine year prison sentence (up to ten), with some penal colony work for six months, because Russia doesn’t play around. Then America made a terrible trade and sent Viktor Bout home. He’s a Russian arms dealer.

Fair trade, right? We get the chick who plays basketball for the WNBA, a league no one cares about – and they get Viktor Bout. Makes total sense, but hey – good for Viktor! He got freed because of a dopey chick who couldn’t go without her little vape. Imagine being Viktor Bout and finding out the news! He had to be laughing his explosives off! Dumbest trade I’ve ever seen since the Colts traded for Carson Wentz.

Griner described how bad the prison was in Russia. You know, it’s supposed to be bad. It’s prison, not ladyballer daycare. ABC’s news report mentioned this info from Brittney Griner:

Griner reflected on the poor living conditions in prison as she awaited her trial, saying that she didn’t always have toilet paper and that the toothpaste they gave her had expired about 15 years ago.

“That toothpaste was expired,” she said. “We used to put it on the black mold to kill the mold on the walls.”

“The mattress had a huge blood stain on it, and they give you these thin two sheets,” she added. “So you’re basically laying on bars.”

That sounds gross. But that’s also going to deter me from traveling with drugs in Russia. You probably won’t find anyone willing to do that for a very long time. The work camp she was in was no better. The report continued:

Griner said that the frigid temperatures were impacting her health and led her to chop off her long dreadlocks.

“What was that like losing that part of you, too?” Roberts asked Griner.

“Honestly, it just had to happen. We had spiders above my bed — making nests,” she said.

“My dreads started to freeze,” she added. “They would just stay wet and cold and I was getting sick. You’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do to survive.”

She was also allegedly going to end her own life, but couldn’t do that to her friends and family. Good for her. I’m glad she didn’t do that, because that’s not ever an answer to anything. Either way, I still think it was a bad trade, but it’s nice to see her advocating for people like Paul Whelan who are locked up and didn’t get freed. Maybe Paul would have been the better trade, but seems like someone in Biden’s administration pushed the ‘DEI’ button and freed the basketball player instead of the guy accused of spying.

Read more sports news and commentary at Raw Dog Sports Blog

Monthly Server Fees

Help Raw Dog Sports cover costs :)
Goal
$420.00
Received
$0.00

Our Community

Sports Forums and Discussion Board.

Threads
Members
Latest member